Your adhesive is the most crucial and fickle element of applying eyelash extensions.
So many factors can affect a client's retention, such as humidity, temperature, lash prep and aftercare, so Prolong Lash have put together a list of helpful hints in order for you to make the most of your Prolong Lash Opti Lash Glue and give your clients long lasting lashes.
We hope this post will benefit new and existing consumers of Prolong Lash Opti Lash Glue!
1. Before shaking your adhesive, remove the cap and place a small piece of tin foil over the nozzle - this will prevent adhesive getting into the lid and sealing the bottle shut
2. Shake your adhesive vigorously for 1 minute each time before dispensing a small bead
3. Turn your adhesive upside down and allow gravity to do the work for you - allow 1 small bead of adhesive to drop from the bottle
4. Turn your bottle upright, burp, and wipe the nozzle clean with a non-cotton fibre. Make up sponges are a cheap and effective option. Blot the nozzle with a sponge until all adhesive is removed
5. NEVER wipe the nozzle with an alcohol wipe (this will cause the adhesive to cure and block the nozzle) or a cotton round/tissue as the cotton fibre may cause fire/burn/smoke when in contact with the adhesive
6. Replace the cap securely, store inside its silver sealable bag and stand upright - if the bottle is not stored upright, the adhesive will eventually poor into the cap, sealing your bottle shut and rendering it useless
7. Change your adhesive every 20 minutes to keep each bead fresh, allowing for the best adhesion
8. Adhesive cures/sets with moisture, the more moisture in the air (aka the higher the humidity), the more often you need to replace your adhesive
9. Using half cured adhesive (a bead that's been sitting there for half an hour or more) will result in poor retention and unhappy clients
10. Follow these simple steps to make the most of your Prolong Lash Opti Lash Glue
11. Prolong Lash recommends replacing your adhesive every 8 weeks for frequent users, to maintain freshness and optimum results
12. If only lashing 2-3 clients a week, adhesive may last up to 3 months
Did you find this post helpful? Drop us a line at email@example.com, we love hearing from you!